Thursday, February 9, 2012

Thoughtful Thursday-Jesus Calling Devotional #1

I was given this devotion by a dear friend of mine and I absolutely love it! I try to imagine Jesus sitting in front of me, saying these words to me and it gives me strength and hope for my day.  Such a great way to start the day!


"Seek My face more and more. You are really just beginning your journey of intimacy with Me. It is not an easy road, but it is a delightful and privileged way: a treasure hunt. I am the Treasure, and the Glory of My presence glistens and shimmers along the way. Hardships are part of the journey too. I measure them out ever so carefully, in just the right measure, with tenderness you can hardly imagine. Do not recoil from afflictions, since they are among My most favored gifts. Trust Me and don't be afraid, for I am your Strength and Song."

Further reading: Psalm 27:8, 2 Cor. 4:7, Isaiah 12:2

Christianbook is having a 41% OFF sale on the "Jesus Calling" devotional book. Click on the link below to learn more or to get it now:


451884: Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His  Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the Year Jesus Calling: Enjoying Peace in His Presence - Devotions for Every Day of the Year
By Sarah Young / Thomas Nelson

After many years of writing in her prayer journal, missionary Sarah Young decided to be more attentive to the Savior's voice and began listening for what He was saying. With pen in hand she embarked on a journey that forever changed her along with many others throughout the world. The result of these meditations is the classic devotional, Jesus Calling, Enjoying Peace in His Presence. In these powerful pages are the words and scriptures Jesus lovingly laid on her heart. A year's worth of daily readings from Young's journals are now available for you, in order to bring you closer to Christ and move you deeper into His presence and His everlasting peace.

No comments: